Stirling Mk. IV , LJ824
16 aircraft were despatched with containters. F/O Eilgour went missing, the cause and place being unknown. F/O Le Bouvier received no reception at the D.Z. and did not drop. F/L Gibb found it impossible to drop owing to low cloud over the D.Z. All other aircraft succeeded.
- CAN, F/S Herger, R. B., Pilot
- CAN, F/O Antoft, O.H., Nav.
- CAN, F/O. MacDonnell, J.K., A/B
- CAN, F/S. Whitllock, L.I., WOP/Air.
- F/S. Hilliard, L.G., F/E
- CAN, F/S. Thomas, V.C., A.G.
Operations S.A.S. Francis and S.O.E. Frederick. 16 aircraft took off between 23.00 hrs. and midnight for France to drop containers and some paratroops. All aircraft landed back at base with the exeption of J.882. F/O Kilgour. He had taken off at 23.28 hrs